Saturday, October 29, 2011

Simple and delicious meal@Trattoria Fonta Guista@Siena

Our concierge suggested this place: affordable price yet pretty good food, nearby our hotel.

As soon as we entered, we were faced with a really warm, dimly lit, cozy place packed with locals and tourists.

I had enough of pizzas, and opted for pork chop. Euro 5.90, for a slice two palms size! It was impossible for me to finish it alone. The pork was nicely grilled and very flavourful. It was fresh meat, as there was no funky meaty smell that you get sometimes when your meat ain't fresh kill.

My friend ordered the risotta, being the typical i-must-eat-rice-everyday man. Super creamy, and nicely cooked till soft enough but not too watery. You could taste the strong ricotta from the rice. Good thumbs up! Euro 8.90.

Personally, i think the bread they serve before our meals should at least be slightly toasted. Almost all meals, the bread taste really bland and hard. Hard to swallow down without dipping into olive oil and balsamic. And yeah, it is not free unlike italian restaurants in Malaysia. Each basket cost Euro 2, and we usually just eat a slice or two max.

Sadly my friend isn't an alcohol enthusiast. The 1/2 litre housewine (euro 4.50, cheap!) went well with my meat but too much for me to drink alone.

All in all, good meal here... I strongly recommend those who visit beautiful siena to give this place a try, especially malaysians on a tight budget.

Here's a picture of beautiful hily siena! I would love to be here again.. :)

No comments: