Saturday, July 7, 2012

Quick late lunch@Artisa, La Ramblas, Barcelona


Upon my first day's arrival at Barcelona city, I took a quick evening tour around La Ramblas. Due to the 6 hour time difference, it should be my dinner time back in Malaysia. It's no wonder the tummy started growling!

I stumbled upon this interesting looking cafe, run by two cute guys! The cafe's called "Artisa". They serve all sorts of cakes and pastries, crepes, sandwiches, and home mde gelato, and most importantly... home-roasted coffee beans, with coffee served barista style.

I took the ham and cheese sandwich + coffee + 120 ml water set, cost Euro 4.95. Not bad at all!
Ciabatta bread was used to hold in several layers of juicy ham and cheese, toasted to perfection. The ciabatta was light, crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside and boy oh boy... the ham was really good. Meaty, flavourful and juicy.
The portion was huge, and I shared it my colleague. The picture only showed half its size.
Steal deal!

I chose latte for my coffee choice. True enough, the coffee was buttery and fragrant, with a slight hint of burnt charcoal smell. The bean roaster machine was placed nearby the bar. '

A really interesting cafe indeed! The cute baristas/owners were bonus points, of course :)

No comments: