Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kozee@TTDI

Demona: My colleague and I were on a tight schedule, thus we had a really quick lunch. She suggested this place, called Kozee which was located along the same row of shophouses as Pizza Hut. The tables were slowly filled by walk-in customers, as lunch time was approaching. Surprisingly, this place had big lunch crowds. Hence, I was fairly optimistic on what we were going to eat.

We chose a table hidden at one corner. The shop had no character in the layout and design. Without a significant outlook character, its food menu followed along as well. The restaurant offered western food, local delicacies, even all-day breakfast set meals.



Demona: My colleagued ordered the Assam Laksa. Its cost was RM 11.00. The portion was big, sharing would be a better option. The assam laksa soup was tasty! Very very spicy, yet subtle sweetness. Tasted even better when we added extra "Haeh Koh" (Sprimp paste..?) in it. Sadly, the soup was the best part that this dish had to offer. The noodles were alright, but the fish meat were so small that you could barely chew on them to taste before they went down your throat. I ended up drinking more soup rather than eating the noodles.



Demona: My colleague introduced this to me. Mentioned that she had tried this once before, and it kicked ass. This was called the "Kozee Cheese and Tuna" sandwich. Convinced at her remarks, I decided to order it. Personally, I was very disappointed when the sandwich arrived on our table. For the price of RM 5.50, I actually imagined it to be of a bigger portion.

It looked like two pieces of white bread, toasted with a slice of Kraft cheddar cheese and some Ayam brand tuna mayo, then cut into 4 triangular slices. This sentence kept repeating in my mind , "Man. I could have done this dish easily at home! For RM 5.50, I could even throw in more cheese, bacon slices, ham, etc." I felt ripped off, and I DISLIKE getting this feeling whenever I order food.



Demona: My colleague ordered an ice lemon tea, where as I just had plain water. Even the ice lemon tea was a RIP OFF. The glass itself was small, and filled up with ice cubes. Within two sips, she almost finished her drink. This cost RM 2.80.

Verdict: I admit, the assam laksa did taste very nice. Very much thanks to the soup's contribution. But, a bowl for RM 11? Not worth it at all. I can have 8 bowls of it in my hometown. Other local delicacies were also priced around RM10-15. Without a doubt, Kozee's western food cost even more. I had said enough on their sandwiches set.

No offense on my colleague's good will on bringing me here, she did nothing wrong. After this meal experience, I know for sure I will never step foot in this shop ever again. Food lovers should never feel ripped off.

No comments: