Saturday, November 24, 2007

Restoran Lotus Pesona@Maarof, Bangsar



Demona: My aunt brought me to this place for lunch today. Lotus Pesona is her regular lunch spot if she has an appointment with her clients around Bangsar. This was my first visit here.



Demona: As usual, being boring olde me, I decided to order the egg thosai. It only tasted so so, as the egg content was a little lacking and somehow the texture was not fluffy.

The dhall was a bit too watery for my liking. I enjoy thick, creamy dhall with vegetables in it. The chutney wasn't great as well. The winner for the best chutney still belonged to Pandi's, at Section 11, PJ.



Demona: My aunt ordered her favourite dish here, chapati. She was indeed, very right! Its texture was really soft, fluffy and oil free. THUMBS UP! The size of it was pretty big as well. Worthy order!



Demona: This was my drink, iced ginger tea. I'm currently having a very bad sore throat.

The drink was NOT GOOD at all. The taste of the ginger was minimal, you could easily miss the existence of its taste. The tea was strongly covered by the excess milk added.



Demona: This was the "vegetarian" style of curry chicken. This was extremely AWESOME! I could not make out of its origin, on whether it was tofu based or something else. It tasted a little bit like foo chuk, but spicy, spicy, oh so spicy! I continued popping one in my mouth, and another, and another... and another. I ended up wiping the bowl clean (So much for healing sore throat therapy)



Demona: This was the chicken varuval, ordered by my aunt. The meat was spicy alright, but not flavourful enough. The attention was skewed towards the vegetarian chicken curry!

I can strongly say that Sri Nirvana offered a better chicken varuval.

Verdict: The total amount charged for this meal was RM 16. My jaws dropped wide open when I found out of the price. My aunt had an apple lassi and a teh tarik. Even with two more drinks, I personally felt that we were over charged for our meal.

However, I am curious of the taste of their other vegeterian dishes........ HMMMM

No comments: