Monday, November 19, 2007

Devi's Corner@TTDI



Demona: We had a relaxing brunch at Devi's Corner in TTDI on a cloudy, chilly Saturday. As usual, I am bias towards ordering egg thosai. I couldn't help it. I just love eating egg thosai.

The egg thosai over here was pretty crunchy and spicy. Truly enjoyable when I ate it with thick, creamy dhall and chicken curry. Its size was also quite large. Dogma had to eat some to help me finish it.



Demona: Dogma ordered a roti kosong and nasi lemak initially. The roti kosong came first. Within minutes, Dogma's plate was clean. I could tell he was having a pretty good time eating his roti.

The waiter was a little blur (probably still new), only nodding his head whenever we reminded him again and again on our nasi lemak order. The nasi lemak never came. Apparently, it was sold out, according to this waiter. I personally believed that they were still in the process of cooking the rice actually.



Demona: Since the nasi lemak order was cancelled, one roti kosong surely was not enough for tummy growling Dogma! He ordered another roti telur bawang. The size of the roti was quite big as well. However, no size was big enough to scare Dogma's tummy off!

He savoured every bit of it. Seeing him eating happily, I managed to steal a piece of roti from him. I thought it tasted quite nice as well, as they had a healthy portion of eggs and onions inside. The only problem was that I wished that they would have fried the onions first before adding them in, rather than them being raw. Somehow, the flavour of the onions weren't as strong as I had expected.



Demona: I ordered a piece of fried chicken. I chose the breast meat (my favourite, because it's lean and you pay the same price for the part with the most meat). Dogma does not like breast meat in general, as it is too dry for his liking. Thus, I ended up eating most of the chicken. It was not too bad as I always enjoyed any food which is spicy. The marination process must had been quite thorough to lock the spiciness in.



Verdict: The whole meal cost me RM 10. The best part about having a weekend brunch, is that you wake up a little later, wear casual clothing, enjoy a good meal (no rushing through munches), sipping coffee, reading the newspapers, and to do all of these with someone who enjoys them as much as you do too.

No comments: