Thursday, January 17, 2008

Chilli Pan Mee@Kin Kin Restaurant, Jalan TAR



Demona: I am pretty sure that this restaurant had been reviewed by many, many, many floggers out there. I've eaten at this place many times before, and even brought Dogma here once but had never taken picts of it.

To cut the story short..... (I assume that Kin Kin is so famous that everyone probably YAWN-ed reading its review)

A one of a kind style, with their unique, home made noodles and their diamond ingredient... the chilli!



Demona: These little buggers looked extremely gory inside the plastic tub, BUT put the looks aside, the taste that lies within them is... SMOKIN' HOT!

Without them, I do not think I will enjoy the pan mee.



Demona: Each bowl of pan mee comes along with a bowl of soup, filled with leafy vegetables. There was nothing impressive about the soup at all. Basically, it acted as a source of fibre for me (the leaves) and the few spoonfuls of soup helped made my noodles slightly wet, to ease the eating.



Demona: The slack part about this place was that, the egg does not come along with the whole pan mee package. You need to request for the addition of an egg if you want it. That step would cost you an extra RM 0.50.

Readers out there who are still virgin to this chilli pan mee, I would suggest you all to just cough out the extra RM 0.50 for the egg. The egg was cooked in such a way that the egg white would solidify firmly on the outside, where as its yolk remained liquefied.

The yolk somehow made the noodles tasted even better, resulting in a fragrant, sticky texture. The fried shallots, garlic, minced meat and pork fat would glue on the the sticky noodles thoroughly.



Demona: Do not forget to throw in the little diamond buggers while you are stirring the noodles to mix. I overate them once and had an extremely horrific diarrhoea attack which lasted for days. As much as I like them, I made sure that I control my chilli intake, for this particular case.

Verdict: The after effects?


Sweaty blissful smiles in an euphoric state when you lick your bowl clean. Hours of having porky, onion-like monster breath. A full day of experiencing burning sensations in your gastrointestinal tract, like burning marshmallows on a campfire.
A bowl cost RM 5.60.

No comments: