Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Dinner@Alexandria Village Hawker Centre

Our pre-dinner at Alexandra Village Hawker Centre after our window shopping trip at Ikea/Queensway shopping centre.

I'd previously tried the roast duck stall and find it pretty good value for money. The roast duck/char-siew rice is only 3.50 with thick gravy drenched all over the meat/rice. The stall owner was pretty rude but hey, I'm only for the food!

This time around i brought Demona there to try it out..........


1) Roast Duck Thigh + Charsiew rice@8.00sgd: I'd specifically asked the chef to go slow on the gravy and keep it to the side of hte dishes. As they did not have any good cuts of Roast duck left, I'd ordered the Roast duck Thigh instead. It was a mistake as the Duck thigh alone cost me $5.00 and the whole dish consisting of rice, roast duck thigh and charsiew cost a whopping $8.00. A definitely no go price range for me. The roast duck was decently roasted and the gravy provided an high octane of glucose dose..however, I still find it lacking in some nicely burnt crackling duck skin and the gravy could do with more herbal note. It is a decent roast duck stall but I had definitely tasted much better roast duck rice in KL.


2) Avocade drink: Extremely milky. I did not really enjoyed this avocado drink. I could not taste much avocado in it either. I still prefer to have my avocado eaten raw with salad or with mayo.

No comments: