Friday, January 18, 2008

Tom Yam Fried Noodles@Tivoli

Demona: On one lazy afternoon, I decided to just fry a little something at home instead of going through the hassle of driving out for a quick take-away.



Demona: I boiled some soya bean based noodles. Its uncooked state was transparent and whitish in colour but once it got soaked into hot boiling water, it turned into an opaque white appearance, like kuey teow.



Demona: Okay, I cheated. I took a speedy step by scooping up a few spoonfuls of tom yam paste from this jar, instead of blending the paste on my own. Lazy = Quick fix.



Demona: I finely chopped a generous serving of garlic and shallots, and fried them under low fire for a long while until the burning fragrant smell shot up my nose. I added in thinly cut strips of luncheon meat too and stir fried them along until their edges turned brown.



Demona: I added eggs in as well. Once they were properly cooked, I removed them from the pan. I slapped in some paste and water, salt and pepper, and mixed them thoroughly with the noodles. Finally, the rest of the ingredients were thrown back in . Whoa-lah. Demona's own tom yam fried noodles as seen above. I fried it for Dogma once, but he ate in the dark, and in a hungry, starving bear condition. Oh yeah.. I gave him an extra kick too, by adding smoked ham instead of luncheon meat.



Demona: Steamed spicy pork ribs! OKAY.. this is not mine for copyrighting. Mom was the one behind the wok for this dish. Tender, juicy and spicy! The great part about her dish was that the pork ribs had a generous serving of meat on them. Unlike many places outside, where by the meat on the ribs were so minimal.

To Dogma: Your momma's pork ribs or me momma's pork ribs.. who keeps the trophy?

No comments: