Thursday, December 20, 2007

Banana Leaf Restaurant@Centrepoint Bandar Utama

Demona: My close friend and I were aimless for dinner, and the wheels brought us to bandar utama. We finally decided to eat somewhere inside the Centrepoint. We walked around, and I saw a Kabayan Filipino outlet here as well, the one which Dogma had an extremely porky meal at. Finally, we settled down in the Banana Leaf Restaurant, one of the popular hang out spots for yam char sessions. The place usually starts to get crowded from 10 pm onwards. With the large number of regulars here, I had high hopes on what this place had to offer.



Demona: I ordered my regular egg thosai (YAWNS). The thosai was a major disappointment. It was very oily and not even fluffy on the middle part. The lousy chicken curry and overly watery dhall did not help make the food slightly more enjoyable.



Demona: Me friend ordered a roti telur. When I asked him how was his roti, he gave a cringed facial expression and shook his head. Well explained I guess.



Demona: We wanted to share a piece of fried chicken. There was not an inch of yummy-ness in the chicken too. Some parts of the meat even looked a little pale, as if it was not well cooked.

Verdict: Hit or Miss? MAJOR MISS. I guess the crowd came here for the ambience and location. Something has definitely gone wrong somewhere if food is answer to draw the crowd here.

No comments: