Sunday, December 16, 2007

Chef Low Restaurant@Bangsar



Demona: I had dinner at Chef Low Restaurant with my aunts earlier tonight. Sayang Recipe, a pretty decent nyonya food restaurant was actually located here before Chef Low Restaurant took over. They have shifted else where but till today, I've not heard from them. Anyone knows where have they shifted to?



Demona: This was my barley drink, next to my MUST-HAVE chillis!



Demona: These were the baby lettuce heads dish, stir fried with big slices of garlic and dressed with deep fried tiny anchovies. I liked this dish very much, as the vegetables were very crunchy and they've managed to lock the garlic taste in them. YUMMY!



Demona: We ordered a tofu dish. They had a variety of ingredients cooked along with the tofu squares, such as baby corn, mushrooms, squids (YEY!), pork slices and small prawns. The tofus were pretty decent, however they did not match the extremely soft-and-melt-in-your-mouth tofus which I had in Ipoh. The base of the sauce were eggs, similar to what you eat in a Wa Tan Hor.



Demona: This was the curry fish head dish. The curry sauce was pretty nice, quite spicy, and its texture was not too thick nor too watery. Chunks of fish meat were cooked along with long beans, tofus, brinjal slices (YEY!), and some white cabbages. The fish meat was a little bit tougher than the usual curry fish head that I had tried, but the sauce managed to cover this up. Personally, I would give this dish a thumbs up most probably due to its sauce.



Demona: My cousin brother always found it amusing whenever I held everyone up, salivating away watching and smelling the dishes, to take pictures. This time around, he asked if his thumbs up could be in the picture. So, I said YES and you can see his hand behind the bacon and chicken cooked with soy sauce and vinegar, wrapped in a lotus leaf dish. The bacon was very salty, and the chicken was pretty fatty as well, but the taste of vinegar, soy sauce and lard were well locked in. The mushrooms were very delicious as they were all bloated up, soaking in the sauce. It was an interesting dish alright, but for those who do not accustom themselves towards the taste of lard, this may not be a good choice.



Demona: Free dessert for everyone! Glutinous balls in ginger soup. Nothing to shout about. The glutinous balls were not even, not tasty, and even the soup was diluted.
Mom makes the best ones till today! However, they were given FOC, hence everyone finished them anyway. (Typical Malaysians)

Verdict: I am unsure of the total bill, because my aunt paid for it, but I believed it would be slightly more expensive than many other chinese restaurants due to the location as well as the service eg: air conditioning, towels etc. Very interesting dishes I would say, and I reckon there will be more trips to this place from now on because it is one of the few decent chinese restaurants in Bangsar.

No comments: