Sunday, December 23, 2007

Koon Kee Revisited@Damansara Jaya

Demona: Every now and then, I thought back on how delicious the pork was when I had it with Justin, a good friend of mine who introduced this place to me. Joe and I were out yesterday, on yet another aimless dinner for the night. Suddenly, the image of the juicy, tender, sweet succulent pork came into my mind. I called Justin immediately to find out what it was exactly to prevent from wrongly ordering again.



Demona: It was PHAI KUAT WONG! Pork ribs, deep fried and coated with a spicy, sweet sauce. The portion was actually for one, but it was more than enough for two of us. The lady boss was nice enough to tell us that the portion of 1 was just nice for us, since we had ordered other dishes as well. The PKW was really juicy and tender! Two thumbs up!



Demona: Joe ordered a sizzling plate tofu. When it came, we were a little worried as the sauce looked quite spicy and Joe would much prefer his food being made non-spicey. It was not as spicy as we thought after all once we had tasted it. The tofu dish was average. They were cooked along with some vegetables and a thin egg layer on the surface of the sizzling plate.



Demona: He ordered a stir-fried Kai Lan as well. Usually, simple stir-fried vegetables taste quite similar eg: garlic like taste, salty, and a strong pungent leafy like taste. However, the Kai Lan tasted very strange this time around. Joe and I could not figure out the source which caused it to taste this way. It was sourish, salty.. I do not know how to describe it in words, but it was a strange taste. Nevertheless, we already paid for it, thus we ate them anyway (as a source of fibre).



Verdict: Another interesting dinner at Koon Kee. The MUST HAVE from this place is definitely its PKW. While waiting for our food, we could see the worker carrying out plates of PKW from time to time. Our dinner cost us RM 22. I found it pretty value for money as I could feel my tummy trying to burst her way out of my jeans.

BTW: I snapped the pict of the fishes in the tank, because they (seriously) looked ZOMBIE-like. Their eyes were pretty still, staring blankly into space unlike normal fishes whos' eyes are constantly moving. Their bodies looked sick and pale too. Joe and I wondered how long had the fishes been in there, and their meat were probably not fresh. Poor zombie fishes.

No comments: