Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Kwong Wei Sang@PJ old state



Demona: I went out for dinner with my aunts and cousins on a chilly Sunday evening. My aunt and her family, who lives near by this restaurant, are regular customers. This was my first trip here. Obviously, the one who did all the dish ordering was my aunt.



Demona: Chilli gobbler. The sambal belacan, kicked ass. Extremely spicy and sour. ZZEEENNGGGG.



Demona: This is a pict of the stir-fried "bayam". (What is it in english again?) Not too bad. The vegetable was soft enough to chew, but not over cooked and it was flavourful. The taste of the garlic sauce was really strong. SLURPS.



Demona: This is the pict of the "Kwoh Chap Phai Kuat", Fruit Jam Pork Ribs? (did I translate it correctly?) This was the best dish! I loved it very much. It was a little oily, and the fat portion was pretty chunky (I know this was the best part of all, but I put it aside). The meat, however, was tender and juicy! Pretty cool idea, using fruit jam! I think they used a lot of honey as well, as the ribs were sticky and sweet.


Demona: I am not too sure what soup it was, but it was cooked with some vegetables, chicken feet, and some chunks of meat. The soup was pretty flavourful, and not over oily. I am never a soup fan, thus I just took a few spoonfuls.



Demona: This is a pict of the "Thit Parn Yue" (Sizzling Plate Fish?). This was excellent as well! The fish was firstly fried, and an interesting dressing was placed on top of it. I could taste finely grated ginger, chilli padis and onions, zesty lemony juice etc. SLURPS BIG TIME.

Verdict: I do not know the total cost for that night's meal as me aunt paid for it. I do not think it is over priced anyway, if not, my aunt will not be regular there. I will definitely want to come back here again for another round of pork ribs and fish, and maybe try more new things. Talking about the ribs made my thoughts wandered back to the juicy and tender pork rib meat melting away in my mouth. HEAVENLY!

No comments: