Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Moist Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Chip Cookies

Moist Chocolate Cake:

Demona: I baked a chocolate cake, let it cool and sliced the cake in half. Then, I made some chocolate cream, coated it on the top layer of one half, and placed the other half on top of layered cream. Later, I coated the whole cake with the cream (SINFUL) and put nut bits on the sides of it. Lastly, I scraped bits off a chocolate bar on top of the cake. Whoa-lah. Felt real proud to see the finished product.

Verdict: The cake, ironically, was not moist enough. Looks like I've got to add more milk into the recipe on my next try. The sugar level was just nice, not overly sweet till you cringe.


Chocolate Chip Cookies:

Demona: Yes, yes. I am a sucker for any baking recipes which involve anything chocolate. Even those with none, I would add it in anyway. This recipe was just a plain butter cookie recipe, but I added in the chocolate chips.

Verdict: The cookies were crunchy, and not too sweet, even with the addition of the chocolate chips. Best of all, it is SO, SO easy to make.

1. Cream 250 g butter with 200g brown sugar (prefer this, to white sugar, tastes less sweet).

2. Add in 1 egg, and 1 tsp of vanilla. Mix well.

3. Sift in 280 g corn flour, 150 g self raising flour and 70 g of custard flour. Then, throw in the chocolate chips. The amount of it? Depends on your liking.

4. Cut the cookie dough using a cookie cutter. (shape depends on your liking). Try to keep the thickness of the dough to about 0.5-1.0 cm. Gives a nice feeling when you munch a cookie of this size.

5. Bake at 180 0C, for 15 mins, or until they turn golden brown.

You can get the dough done in 15 minutes or so. Baking, will take up some time of course. Quicker, or slower, depends on your oven size. For me, this recipe gives me about 70 cookies.

I brought a tin for my colleagues at work. They wiped them squeaky clean.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

demona, i loooove your blog!!!!!
everything looks sooo tasty and i regret that it's a night here and i cant cook anything!!! mmm, amazing!!!!!

Trinity xx