Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Crystal Jade


Demona: I am addicted to Crystal Jade's Stewed Beef Brisket with Noodles (Dry). Had my first taste of it over at the branch in Bugis mall. After a sweaty morning jog (walk) around the Orchard area, we stopped by for breakfast at the Crystal Jade branch in Takashimaya. (Needdd.. tooo.. fulfill my craving for the noodlessss). Different chefs, different cooking styles I guess. It tasted a little different (less tasty) from the one I had in Bugis. The trophy still stays on with CJ at Bugis.


Demona: The soup which came along with the Beef Brisket noodles. Pretty flavourful. Complemented well with the noodles. I am not a soup fan, thus Dogma had it bottoms up.


Demona: Chilli paste, mixed with preserved sliced green chillies. My turf! Think I finished a few bowls of it.


Demona: The Siew Mais were pretty fresh. The prawns were fairly big in size and crunchy. Too bad, prices for the food here had gone up and I personally felt that the Siew Mais were slightly expensvie.


Demona: Char Siew Paos! My MUST-HAVES for any dim sum meals. Only a minority, actually serves a sincere, flavourful and juicy CSP. The CSPs here were not bad. Just wished they had more fillings in them. However, 3 sgd for 3 CSPs, good deal enough. Will definitely call the next "luong" of CSPs on my next trip to CJ.



Verdict:
Demona: Our breakfast came up to sgd 19.66. I enjoyed my breakfast very much. Nothing beats starting an empty stomach running with a tasty, hot, steamy char siew pao and some juicy chunks of very tendered stewed beef briskets!

No comments: