Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Dogmama's Food

Home-- is where your heart is....
10 solid years of living in Singaland away from home, had not for a single ounce , reduced my love for my home, my family and my country...

I miss you Taiping!!

Some snap shots of my home on the recent one day trip back...
Slobber Zack and Blackie Hazel: The two jewels at home that keep mom and dad company...
The jewels in the garden: Dad tending the garden while the 2 jewels kept a close watch
Chunky home made Roast Pork: Thick roast pork freshly roasted at home.. Crackling pork skin... Superb!
Braised Tofu, Egg and Seaweed: Mom is good at northern chinese cold cut cuisine. It is simple to make yet delicious. Perfect to go with wine or beer while watching the Olympics!
Dou Miao: Dou Miao from Cameron highland.....A simple dish prepared by stir frying with garlic...
Braised Fish with black bean, garlic and chilli: Mom always has her hand on the freshest and meanest fish in Taiping as many of the fish mongers are her students. The result, big fish, fresh fish of superb quality not available at restaurant but at Ong's mansion.
Herbal Tonic Soup: I used to be a rebellious kid and more often than not, disobedient, rude and lazy. As time pass by, only now i started to understand the unconditional love of parents towards their children. Mom and dad would give up everything just for their children.....
Drinking this hot herbal tonic soup... a deep sense of regret engulfed my heart.. There are too many times i could have been a better son...Sorry dad and mom...

I love you.

No comments: