Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Patrick Javillier Aloxe Corton 2006

Domaine Patrick Javillier covers about ten hectares and this guy is famous for his Meursalt and his blending of different climats of vines to achieve great complexity. He describe his Red wines as follow: I think that my red wine is very old style. It’s not a lot of colour. It’s very elegant, but not a lot of body.The wines I make are not supposed to be drunk the first year. You can begin to drink my wines one to one and a half year after bottling. In general my wines are at their best when they are between five and eight years. Some vintages are possible to keep for ten to 15 years.

Nose: Whao,,amazing nose of bloody beef, with red fruits. After aeration becomes a complex nose of meat, sweet cherry and some tea.
Palate: Light with a very good structure. Amazing intensity yet not losing its elegance.Not much fruit extraction on the eye but i were amazed by the intensity.
Verdict:Very goood!

No comments: